All user accounts on your Drupal website are password protected. When you want to login to your website, you need to use either your email address or user name, together with a password. Sometimes it might be necessary for you to change your own password, or change the password for another user.
Follow these steps to change the password for any user account on your website:
- Log into your website using your Super User account (e.g. https://your-domain-name.com/user/login)
- Go to the People section. This displays a list of all your users
- Click the Edit button for the user account you want to change
- Enter the new password in the Password field
- You will need to enter the password again in the Confirm password field
- Scroll to the bottom and click the Save button
If you are changing the password for another user, it is not recommended to send the new password to the other user by using email, as it's not a secure. It is best to verbally tell them their new password. Alternatively, you can set a temporary password and then ensure that the other user resets their own password when they next log in to your website.